Tuesday, October 23, 2012

 this past weekend was a really nice relaxing one. We ate dinner at home, slept in, and had a really fun
date night. my favorite part is always the early mornings. there is something so so sweet about a baby
 who has just woken up. slightly puffy eyes. super pale complexion. I call him my little marshmallow
 baby in the mornings.





Look at Cecil Standing! I was so shocked when I realized that he could do this, and I ran over to tell
 Christian about it. lo and behold, he had discovered it before me. I think that is a first.

so here he is surfing the web.


We found our way into REI this week finally. here Cecil is, just moments before his first trip inside.
Christian had the stroller and at one point we were seperated by an isle. 2 ladies came down by me 
talking about "how cute that baby is!" "I know! if I have babies I hope they're as cute as that" 
of course I already know how cute he is, but to hear that made me smileeeeee.


and lately I think its fun to prop him up on the couch or a chair and let him sit up like a grown up.
 doesn't he look so grown up?? except for the pacifier i guess.


I promise I will get better at taking pictures of this little baby boy. for now until things settle a little
more, I'm thinking updating the blog once or twice a week is my goal. lets see how I do.

NEWS UPDATE:
we are waiting for our apartment to open up, but we will be moving in soon! We purchased living roon furniture and a kitchen table, that will be delivered when we get into the apartment. and we are buying our mattress and a bed frame from Costco too. its a little stressful spending that much money all at once, but it really makes me feel grown up to be making big purchases like that.

Christian got assigned a C-school. he is going to be a Histopathology technician. which basically means he will analyze human tissue for diseases. and that's about the extent of my understanding. BUT i do know that it means that we will stay here in San Antonio until the end of September of next year, and after that, we can be stationed at a total of 4 possible places. Virginia, San Diego, Japan, or Spain. so not only do I feel a sense of relief that I can really settle down and enjoy almost a full year here with our little family, Cecil will be here for his 1st birthday and most of his first holidays, but its fun to daydream about our next more permanent station.


3 comments:

michele cabiness said...

So does he pull himself up to standing position all by himself or do you put him up like that?

aLi said...

no, he cant pull himself up, but i can set him like that and he keeps his balance super well.

ILikeTink said...

He's so cute, and growing too fast! I'm coming for his first Birthday! Thanks for sharing. Loves to you all!