Saturday, April 27, 2013

Fluff



And here it is in all its glory
 my Cloth diaper stash
 hahaha

 this is all the diapers I own, including the one on Cecil's bum. right now it consists of 17 pocket diapers, which I spent about $190 on  together, 12 osocozy brand Prefolds that I spent about $35 on, four waterproof covers, which were about $40 all together, two fitted diapers from an Etsy work at home mom which were $15 each, and I ordered four fitted "hybrid" diapers that I'm waiting on to be made and sent to my house, which I spent $70. I'm especially excited about these they're from a work at home mom who makes really cute custom diapers and sells from her facebook page, and I caught her while she was having a sale. there is also a neon green swim diaper I bought from kawaii for I think $6.

 I'm pretty much set with diapers for Cecil with this system. all of these diapers are One Size diapers and he has a lot of room to grow in them still so I have high hopes that these will last him until he potty trains in the next year or so. I'm starting on Baby boy #2's diaper collection now. so far I have 5 newborn diapers I got used for $5 a pop, and I just bought 10 more THX brand new newborn "All In Ones" for about $6 each and they should be coming in a few weeks. I'm only planning on buying maybe 2 dozen infant sized prefolds and maybe 5 newborn covers for them and then I'll be good for the teeny tiny newborn stage. I will need to bulk up my one size collection once they are both able to wear them but I'll tackle that when it comes =) 

okay so let me do the math really quick. 

I have so far spent 
$371 on Cecil's Diapers.
$85 on my newborn collection 
so a grand total of 
$456
and that's including 14 diapers that I haven't even put into my rotation yet. I feel pretty set now, and with a few more purchases I will be done. like forever. haha. if these diapers last through all of our kids we will have saved ridiculous amounts of money. 

I was really lucky to have been given enough diapers as gifts, so that I never had to buy disposables until AFTER we moved to Texas, but I quickly saw how expensive they get and how quickly you go through those HUGE packs. Since I've started buying and transitioning into Cloth Diapers our paper diaper consumption has gradually slowed to almost a complete stop. we have disposables and use them only as a convenience if we are going to be somewhere that is maybe less cloth diaper friendly. for instance last month Christian took Cecil on a Father sons camp out so we bought a pack of disposable diapers, and we still have most of that box left to use in the future. 

I really need a sewing machine. before Cecil was born I bought WAY too many Circo receiving blankets, and never really used most of them. So, I sorted through ones I wanted to keep and the rest I cut into rectangles so I can use them as cloth wipes! I was so excited about how smart I was to think of it. I didn't have to go to the fabric store, and they all have pretty cute prints on them! but I haven't been able to use them because I can't sew the edges up. I'm getting desperate now because our disposable wipe supply is dwindling down and I really don't want to spend any more money on them if I don't have to. I'm contemplating just doing it be hand.

No comments: