Friday, October 25, 2013

Home

Here we are in San Diego and I feel like I can finally breathe. 

Knowing for a certainty that we would move within a year really took a toll on me. Try as I might to settle in and make Texas feel like home, I always had a looming end date in my mind. I spent basically an entire year feeling unsettled, but its only taken 2 and a half weeks here for me to feel like I'm home.

 You could argue that its the fact that I'm living in California again, and that family is close, or even that I'm not pregnant anymore. and maybe all of those are true as well. but I find myself walking through the halls and thinking to myself, "This is our home. The neighbors next door are going to be our neighbors for the next several YEARS"

Four Years might not sound so long to someone else, but right now it sounds to me like Cecil and Henry will be 4 and 5 years old. and to me, that sounds like plenty of life will be lived here.


I'm wanting to make a new start, because I feel like suddenly I've been given a clean slate and I can be a better person if I want to. So I'm making some changes in my life. I'm cutting out the bulk of my distractions in an effort to be a more productive and happy person. I would like to keep up with this blog more regularly because this is one of the very few electronic features in my life that could actually enrich my family to an extent. I think it's good to have your family history written down somewhere, and this is a form of journal-ing really.

so here is to fresh starts and new beginnings.

2 comments:

LaRee said...

Looking forward to coming for a visit and going to the Temple while were there. :)

aLi said...

yes, come! we just went for the first time last week. its so beautiful.