Monday, January 27, 2014

naptime rush

I just put both Cecil and Henry down for a nap, within 20 minutes of each other. That, my friends, has not happened around here in FAR too long. for a little while there they were on exact opposite napping schedules. One would wake up just when the other needed to go down on repeat all day, giving me very little time or energy to do the things I dislike most in life, such as clean our home. But as much as I dislike cleaning, I dislike a dirty home even worse, so in a few minutes I am going to pull on my rubber gloves and dive into the sink full of dirty dishes and tidy up the toys for the first out of 1 zillion times today.

But real quick I just wanted to make a note. Christian and I are nearly done with the most in depth budget we have ever made in our married carrier and I'm just so excited about it! we are tackling our loans with a new ferocity and our savings plan is looking better than ever. we have about 15 pages worth of goals, numbers and really a lot of math, on a clip board we've now hung in the kitchen so we don't forget about it. We didn't have time to really implement it for January, but February is right around the corner and we are like... 2 worksheets away from being ready for it ! So there is one family resolution that is on its way to fruition for this new year.

Yesterday I realized that the boys have birthdays close enough to each other that I could easily combine the two, and throw a big 'ol party for turning 1 and 2 this year! I'll just pick a weekend right in the middle of their birthdays and invite whoever will come to our house for some cake and good times! I tried for a color themed party last year (and mostly succeeded) for Cecil, but I'm not sure what I want to throw together this time, especially if its for both of them. but I suppose that is what Pinterest is good for. Last weekend we went to a 1st birthday party for a little girl, who's dad Christian works with and I was so in love with all the pink and ruffles everywhere. I really really love all the boy stuff we have in our house and when Cecil plays with his cars, trains and his Legos my heart just about melts, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not waiting for a girl so I can unload all the pink and frills I've been denied as I shop through the children's section of every store. Until then though, I've been dreaming up Adventure time themes with play swords for party favors, or decorating big cardboard boxes into race cars, and things like that.

So I guess I should add that I've failed in January to potty train Cecil. Somewhere between the holidays and now I lost my motivation and I've even put his potty chair away for now. What I have done, to make the 2 in diapers world easier, is up size Henry from a size 3 diaper to a size 4 diaper. now at least they are in the same size and we don't have to hunt for what diaper is whose anymore. so there is a plus.

I know this post was kind of everywhere but I guess that's just where my mind is this late morning. 

I'd better get to those dishes before anybody wakes up.

No comments: