Wednesday, February 19, 2014

early mornings

It's 6:38 as I sit here typing, and I've already been up for about an hour and a half. Despite the slight feeling that being up before the sun should be against the law, this is the second morning in a row that I've done this to myself. I wanted to start sending Christian off to work with some breakfast because, as he's proven again and again, left to his own devices it just isn't going to happen. But then waking up at 5 isn't easy for me to do, and when I'm half asleep I don't even remember what breakfast food is if I haven't already mentally prepared something pretty simple. So the idea for morning smoothies was born. Christian loves them and I feel much better about sending him off with a stomach full of fruit than a lame bowl of cold cereal. Plus, Cecil I get a smoothie out of it too! I just stick a cup full for Cecil in the freezer and wait for him to wake up. It makes the wake up grumps instantly vanish.

Another plus side to waking up at 5, I get a couple hours of quiet all to myself. I've been wasting it on Internet surfing yesterday and today, but that doesn't mean I couldn't be productive if I wanted to. It gives me time to reflect and to map out the kind of day we should have. I don't want to make any promises, but I hope I can keep this early morning routine up. I'm going to try to dig up my old camera and take some pictures of the boys today. I found another awesome park nearby and it's my favorite yet, so maybe I can get some action shots in.

No comments: