Thursday, May 15, 2014

Switching Gears

I've been thinking a lot about this blog and how it just isn't very cohesive or interesting... even for me. 

I've been so uninspired by it and in return am uninspired to post anything. 
I wondered why this was, because I've been writing online journals since high-school and used to have no trouble feeling satisfied with the things I had to say and the way those things layed out on the screen. Then, last night, I went and read some old posts on my old live journal account, and it all made me super nostalgic. I noticed that my posts were completely random but they had a common theme : 

"what is on my mind riiiiight now"

I realized that that is still kind of how I've been writing posts with one important difference... I'm trying (and failing) to emulate other blogs I follow. The fact is, I'm just not a food blog, a fashion, blog, or even a lifestyle blog. That's fine! but I haven't been myself in my posts and it is showing in a really uninteresting way. when I read my recent posts it felt like I was saying things I thought I should say

 it just felt so unoriginal
so uninspiring
so insincere

But I really want to figure this thing out, because I love the idea of having a cohesive blog that I am passionate about. last night while I couldn't sleep for HOURS I thought up a solution. What do I love to do? what are my passions in this stage of life? I mean, besides the obvious which are my husband and our beautiful children, what makes me feel most fulfilled is what I do in the kitchen. I have thought a lot about blogging about food, but because I don't have a good camera or the camera skills even if I did, I've been too afraid to venture in that direction. But I've realized that those things will come in time. in the meantime, I am going to start talking about the things I love, the recipe's I'm trying, what's working, what cake I'm trying to perfect. and sprinkle in little bits of myself and my loves throughout it. 

Hopefully I can remember how to write like myself again. One day I plan to look back and feel some of that good nostalgia about this awesome time in my life that deserves to be remembered in an awesome way. so here's to that.

2 comments:

life at mono lake said...

i love this post. i hear ya. keep going. i love your posts

life at mono lake said...

you make me want to post more.