Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mini Van people

So since I last updated. I wrecked our car, we bought a mini van, AND probably my favorite thing (surprisingly) we got a washing machine!!

Now you might think a washing machine is probably the least exciting thing on earth next to dusting and probably doing dishes. I felt the same way previously, but after months and months of having to walk down and up four flights of stairs THREE TIMES just to complete a single load I am ecstatic to have the luxury of doing laundry in my apartment. We have been experimenting with cloth diapering and have decided that we really like it. Its cost effective (in the long run) and the diapers are stinking cute. We havent had any issues with leaks any more than we ever have had with paper diapers and its nice to not throw away my money with disposables. We only have eight diapers right now, which means I still use paper diapers probably two thirds of the time. I'm waiting on another bunch of diapers that will double my stash and then i think if i do diaper laundry once a day I can probably mostly eliminate the paper diapers untill i get even more diapers. The washing machine has been a huge sigh of relief concerning these cloth diapers though. Before, I was washing those bad boys by hand. Yeah, it was do able, but it was so not ideal and I've discovered I just really hate washing things by hand. Wringing things out to dry? The worst thing in the world. Especially things that are meant to soak up tons of liquid. Seriously the spin cycle was the best invention ever.

The car accident was terribly terrifying. I had Cecil in the car with me and we were driving ourselves home on the freeway when traffic suddenly stopped. Because it had been raining that day my brakes failed and i drove right into the guy ahead of me. I was pushing all the way down on those brakes without so much as a peep from my tires. So we hit him, the air bag went off and my car spun out onto the shoulder of the highway facing the wrong direction. Cecil started screaming about 5 seconds after we stopped spinning. I jumped out of the car and took him out to make sure he was okay. I instantly started crying out of sheer bewilderment (one minute I was driving home with no problems in the world and the next I was in a wreck). So Cecil and I are just standing there on the highway in the rain next to our crushed car both with tears streaming down our faces. It was probably a sight to see. The guy I hit kept asking if we were okay and he had to remind me to get in the car and out of the rain. (I'm super embarassed now about how absolutely helpless I was) I called uncle Steve who helped me get my car towed and took me and Cecil home. Thank goodness he lives nearby. Christian was across town with no way to get to me unless he had called a Taxi. He was in the middle of class and wouldn't have been able to leave for hours. I didn't really know anybody else yet, so I honestly don't know what I would have done. Dad and Desi came about a week later and maybe 2 weeks after that we finally found a car that fit our want list and was in our budget. we dont at all fill up that mini van yet, but pretty soon its going to prove to be a smart move. We will be a family of four come July and who couldnt use a few spare seats for driving with friends? that is, until we really do fill up those seats with more babies! ha ha


No comments: